Connected Parenting in a Changing World
Connected Parenting in a Changing WorldA re-release of Réa’s 5 part audio series on creating deep and enduring relationships with your children in a rapidly changing, tech driven world
If you are:
- Overwhelmed with the chaos of sibling rivalries, tantrums, homework battles or your child’s ever-changing moods
- Frustrated and unable to live up to the pressure and expectations of being the “perfect parent”
- Stressed out, angry, guilty, and worried, and you know it is time for a change?
- Confused because you know that the way you were raised is not going to work with your child, and you are ready to learn a new way forward
- Find that at times it gets so intense, you’re stuck in the same patterns, the same sh*t keeps coming up and you don’t know what to do…
- You want to get on the same parenting page with your partner (or maybe just the same book for starters!)
- Feel like you’ve lost “yourself” (your joy, your passion, your edge), your mojo, and really want it back!
- Dreading the onset of adolescence and all the strife, conflict and angst it may bring
- Have to sacrifice yourself, your dreams, your passions, in order to be the perfect parent…
Well I’m here to say that if even ONE of the above statements relates to you, then you’re in the right place and that simply does NOT have to be your reality!
You can have a deeper, more engaged, connected and real relationship with your children no matter how old they are. And you don’t have to be your child’s “friend” or a “dictator” to have a deep and impactful relationship either.
Being a parent can sometimes feel challenging, isolating, emotional and exhausting….but YOU have the power to create incredible relationships with your kids, and turn parenting into one of the most amazing, exhilarating and wonder-filled experiences you will ever have. Additionally, your personal healing journey is a pivotal part of being an engaged and connected parent.
Let me start by saying that this is NOT your typical run of the mill “10 tips to be a great parent”, series. This intimate online program is highly interactive, informative and introspective, and gives you tools to help you intuitively connect with both yourself and your kids to be the present and engaged parent you want to be. Réa uses a mix of writing prompts, discussions and group interaction as a way to personalize and dive deep into content as it specifically relates to you.
- You will receive an email with links to all 5 hour long sessions to listen to at your leisure.
- Click on the link to download or stream your content to listen to as often as you’d like. Since this a recording of a live call series, you will not be able to call in with your questions but you will be given the opportunity to connect with Réa at the end of the series.
Motherhood demands that you grow up and emerge as a powerful, capable, nurturing mother figure, if you want to raise strong, curious, loving and connected kids. And yet, so many of us didn’t get adequately parented ourselves. So many of us experienced trauma and deep wounding, neglect and abuse as children, with no real models or guides on how to be good parents. Despite all that, you continue to expect that you will do the opposite and figure out how to be the “perfect parent!”
Some women figure out how to do just that while the rest of us muddle along. I find that our development as parents, mimics the development of our kids, which in turn affects the development of your relationship with them. The more aware and in-tune you are to your internal needs and emotions, your wounding and scars, issues and concerns, the more available you’ll be for your kids, the more calm and present you’ll be and the more connected you’ll feel as well.
Through the years I’ve helped women as they’ve held onto their kids too tightly, or been overly permissive; elevated their kids onto pedestals while sacrificing themselves and other relationships. I’ve watched smart, capable women mired in confusion and anxiety, feeling incapable of adequately parenting their children. I’ve listened to years of guilt, shame, frustration and ambivalence around parenting and being the kind of mother each women yearns to be. But I’ve also witnessed the amazing transformation that occurs when these very same women are empowered with the tools and experiences necessary to shift and change these patterns.
This Parenting Relationship series has been birthed out of a desire to serve a wider audience of women and to impact and empower mothers everywhere. I am so excited that I am able to make this program both affordable and accessible at a rate that is much, much lower than my regular hourly fee!
Being an engaged and connected parent is as much a journey of self-transformation as it is about being a mother to your kids!
You are Most Definitely in the Right Place if you want to
- Reconnect with your lightness, joy and have fun with your kids
- Feel confident and powerful in your parenting and focus less on pleasing your kids and more on pleasing your Self
- Feel more in control and in touch with your intuitive parenting abilities
- Be proactive and responsive instead of reactive in your interactions so the sh*t don’t fly
- Be Happier, Open, Calmer, Trusting, Present and Engaged
- Enjoy more open, trusting and responsive communication with your teen
- Let go of old familiar patterns and behaviors that hold you back and keep you disconnected from your kids and your self
- Learn to let go and give your kids the space they need to be themselves
To be the best parent you want to be, requires you to be in touch with your SELF, your happiness and your joy. You really need to understand YOUR journey in life, from childhood through adolescence to fully understand YOU as a parent.
"I first became acquainted with Réa when my teenage daughter was referred to her for counseling. Réa helped her tremendously, and …With her council, I came to really know and value myself for the first time, as I thought I was defective in so many ways. I was even able to return to a profession that I loved."
~ Janice, NC
Réa and I worked together during my separation, both in private sessions and in a group. She helped me get through a confusing and stressful time by softening my strong tendency to suppress feelings in order to soldier on. She gave me many new insights and ways of thinking about life's challenges, including how to be less afraid of feeling sad and to trust that grieving the end of my marriage is both healthy and healing. Réa is gentle and wise and uses her training and experience to give counsel in a way that never feels clinical, but instead feels like I have a helpful, trustworthy guide through life.
~ Bowen R; Charlotte, NC
- Enrich and strengthen your connection to both your children, your partner and most of all, yourself
- Discover concrete and life changing content that will help you dive deep for lasting change and transformation
- Help create a container of safety for both you and your kids.
- Create boundaries to make space for you as a parent and an individual
- Support you as you step into being the confident, capable and engaged parent you want to be
Réa has been a tremendous help to me in my journey over the years! I always look forward to her insight and perspective. She has a way of addressing difficult issues directly, encouraging me to get to the heart of my challenges and feelings, while always relating to me with utmost empathy, care and concern. I believe that Réa truly is invested in my growth and happiness in all areas of my life. Thank you, Réa, for your support!!
~Amy P; Cornelius, NC
Réa helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. I was going through an emotionally devastating divorce, and at times, wasn't sure I was strong enough to be there for my three young children. Réa helped me to dig deep, understand who I am, and to better cope with the situation I was dealt. It was because of Réa 's help and insight that I was able to reclaim myself and be the strong, solid mother that my children need and deserve. Today I am a secure, emotionally healthy, and truly happy woman. Réa you are a gift "
~ Angie, Huntersville, NC
Réa gave me the gift of letting go of confusing frustrations that had plagued my life. She helped me acknowledge the damage done by a narcissistic father in the hard work of our sessions. I feel the most contentment with myself that I have every felt in my life. I am grateful every day.!"
~ Lisa, Cornelius, NC
I have talked with many therapists and coaches over the years, and Réa has blown all of them out of the water. I feel really feel heard and understood by her because she is such an engaged listener. She is empathetic and caring. But what sets her apart, is her exquisite ability to process information quickly, understand you and your needs, and come up with solutions, suggestions and feedback. She understands we all have a sense of urgency in getting to the next step and her guidance and advice is spot on.
~ Jill, Charlotte, NC
SIGN UP NOW$149
When you are fully clear on why you had kids (it goes deeper than you think) and what YOU want from this parenting journey, you automatically show up for yourself and your kids differently, with more presence and with more intention.
In this module you will:
- Clarify your hopes and desires for your self and your children
- Dive deep to look at how these hopes impact & inform your parenting and your relationships with your kids.
- Create a “parenting vision” so that you always have a meaningful touchstone for yourself and your kids
WEEK #2: What’s Your Story?
Whether you realize it or not, your parenting actions, choices, reactions and responses are all based on stories about parents and children that you developed when you were very young. While some of these may be in you unconscious, most are not. If these stories are un-mined, you will in all likelihood struggle to be the parent you want to be, and in many instances, be unable to break free of the parenting choices your own parents made.
In this module you will:
- Understand the stories that have been controlling your parenting choices
- Break free from the ways your parents parented you so you can parent your own kids in your own unique and healthy way
- Release any parenting stories that no longer serve you
WEEK #3: Co-parenting and Communication 101!
You all know how this tune goes. Nothing tests a relationship like a toddler or teen trying to get his/her way. Working together as a team is a skill that will stand you in good stead through the tougher times.
In this module you will:
- What happens when I say “No” and my husband says “Yes”? The basics.
- Explore the ups and downs and pitfalls of co-parenting and communication in intact and divorced families.
- Decide whether you want a Dictatorship, Democracy, or an Enlightened Monarchy.
WEEK #4: Connecting with your Toddler and Teen
Children learn, grow and develop in different ways, with their own set of distinct influences, affected by both nature, nurture, society at large and individual experiences.
In this module you will:
- Discover how well you know your children?
- Explore the development of toddlers and teens and how it affects the parent/child bond
- Understand boundaries and their importance to healthy relationships
- Discover what it means to let your kids fail and what a real safety net looks like.
WEEK #5: The stuff you worry about the most!
The stuff you worry about the most is often the stuff you can least control. But paying attention to the signs, symptoms and emotional rhythms of your child, you will be more connected and better able to deal with issues as they pop up, quickly and effectively.
In this module you will:
- Learn how to tune in to the rhythms and patterns of your child as well as your own.
- Explore issues around Sex, Sexuality, Drugs and Peer Pressure!
- Become more aware of the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation.
- Implement your Parenting Vision in a practical way.
And if you’re saying to yourself ... (I know how this goes!!)
- I don’t have time
- It’s too technologically complicated
- I’m not on social media
- I’m already doing it differently from the way my parents did
- I’m too connected with my children, and I don’t need any more connection
- It’s my husband who really needs this class………..
I hear you….check out some of my FAQ’s
I’m a busy parent and don’t have time to listen to 5 hours of talk.
Yeah, I can’t imagine listening to 5 hours of nothing but me droning on. So what I’ve put together is a series that includes questions for you to ponder and journal about or discuss briefly with your partner as we work through the content. You are of course welcome to journal or write further after each segment as well.
I’m the parent of a toddler, is this course for me?
Yes, for sure! You actually get a jump on this parenting journey! Besides, developmentally there are a lot of similarities between toddlers and teens!!!!!
Is this a lecture series on parenting? (Since this is a recording you will get to listen in to the Q & A section.
No this is not a lecture series, so you won’t be bored to tears I promise! Each 60 minute segment will be highly interactive and will include some time for Q & A. The last class will have an additional 30 minutes allocated for direct Q & A with Réa.
What if I have some specific questions for Réa that she doesn’t get to answer on the call?
Réa will be happy to set up some time with you to see how she can help you further and answer a question or two if time permits.
Réa Wright is a Life Coach, Psychotherapist and Maker, on a quest to help people live joyful, vibrant, healthy and conscious lives. She has spent the last 25 years helping teenagers and their parents connect in deeper and more fulfilling ways. She believes that when parents connect inwards, access their innate creativity and intuition, face their deepest fears and work through their own childhood experiences, they are more present, connected and in touch with themselves and their children. And as result, tend to be more present, powerful and emotionally available parents.
Réa brings a depth and momentum to her coaching that is both unique and powerful. She works privately with women and facilitates several workshops, groups and retreats both locally and internationally. Réa has the added benefit of being an entrepreneur and small business owner. She has created a natural, body-care product line that supports and extends this vision of healthy, holistic, mind-body living, Mood Indigo Soaps.
REFUND POLICY: Payments and deposits are non-refundable. You are responsible for the full fee for the entire course of the program, regardless of whether you actually attend or complete the program, and regardless of whether you have chosen a one-lump-sum or multiple payment plan. No refunds will be issued
Legal Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent our program and its potential. The testimonials are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual’s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire, and motivation. As with any endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that you will earn any money or complete any project.